INDICATIONS POINT TO SHIFTS IN TEAM A RATING

DUMMY SCRIMMAGE IS EXTENT OF SQUAD ACTIVITIES

Dummy scrimmage was the extent of the University football squad's activities yesterday afternoon, and will probably continue to be today in the last full practice session before the contest with Indiana Saturday. The Ineligibles put on Indiana plays against the University players yesterday, and then Teams A and B lined up against each other in dummy drill, the first string combination concentrating its attention on defense work.

While team A which went through practice yesterday cannot be considered definitely as the starting eleven against the Hoosiers Saturday, its composition points to several changes in the rating of the Crimson regulars since the upsets caused by last week's injuries. F. A. Clark '29, although completely recovered from the injury which forced him to the side lines a week ago, appeared in the Team B line-up yesterday while J. E. Barrett '30 retained his position at left tackle on the first string combination. It appears that the work of the Sophomore against Dartmouth last Saturday has won him the Team A berth over the head of Clark, who filled it until he was injured in the Holy Cross contest.

The appearance of John Parkinson '29 at left guard again on the first eleven discredits the rumor that he was about to be displaced by B. C. Tripp '28, while the fact that J. G. Douglas '30 was for the second time this week in one of the Team A wing positions lends color to the prediction that he will start against Indiana in preference to any of the other end candidates. Although Douglas has played a comparatively obscure role this fall, his work in recent practices has impressed the coaches with his possibilities as first string material.

A. E. French '29, J. P. Crosby '29, David Guarnaccia '29, and W. R. Harper, '29 composed the Team A backfield combination yesterday, with H. W. Burns '28 alternating with French at quarter, and T. F. Mason '30 releasing the still badly battered Harper at full G. C. Holbrook '30, who has just recovered from an injured leg, was in the Team B backfield.