H.D.C. PLAY WILL TAKE TRIAL ON DECEMBER 6.

Western Drama Opens at Brattle Hall, to Remain Four Nights--Goes to Boston for Matinee and Evening

The Harvard Dramatic Club last night announced December 6 as the opening date of its fall production. "The Chisholm Trail."

This drama of early days on the Western frontier, written by Mrs. E. H. Sullivan, will be presented as the club's thirty-fourth production both in Cambridge and in Boston.

The opening will take place in Brattle Hall on Tuesday evening, December 6 at 8.15 o'clock, and performance will be repeated in Brattle Hall every night in the week through Friday, December 9. Following the custom of recent years, there will be dancing after each of the Cambridge performances, lasting until 1 o'clock. The orchestra which will furnish the music for these dances will be announced later.

After the Friday evening presentation, the production will move to the Fine Arts Theatre in Boston, where it will be given on Saturday, December 10, at both matinee and evening performances.

The club is setting a precedent this year by running its play in Cambridge on four consecutive nights. There has formerly been a break of one evening in the Brattle Hall performances, but the inability of the club last spring to meet the demand for tickets for its presentation of "The Taming of the Shrew" in modern dress has warranted the new policy.

Mrs. Sullivan, another of "The Chisholm Trail," will be in Boston this week and will attend some of the rehearsals at Brattle Hall to confer with Edward Massey '15 on the coaching of the production.