FRENCH UNIVERSITIES OFFER SCHOLARSHIPS

APPLICATIONS DUE BY JANUARY 1, 1928; QUALIFICATIONS GIVEN

American Field Service Fellowships in French Universities will be awarded to students of advanced French for the academic year 1928-29, according to a recent announcement from the Institute of International Education, which is administering the awards.

Each fellowship will carry a stipend of $1,200 and will be tenable for one year, with possibility of renewal for a second year if circumstances are favorable.

A candidate for a fellowship must be a citizen of the United States; must at the time of making the application be a graduate of a college of recognized standing or of a professional school requiring three years of study for a degree; must be of good moral character and intellectual ability; and must have a practical ability to use French books, both in general subjects and in his own special field. In the absence of an absolute rule as to age, preference will in all cases be given to candidates between the ages of 20 and 30 years.

Applications for the Field Service Scholarships must be in the hands of the Executive Secretary not later than January 1, 1928.