THE VIGILANTES

Two hundred and forty Princeton undergraduates, unable to suffer longer the bad taste of the local movie palace, prepared a petition and thereto affixed their signatures. The proprietor was offered the Hobson's choice of showing either a true drama of the American college or no college pictures at all.

Unlike the New York clergymen who are forever getting movements under way to uplift the drama (they did it again last week), the Princeton undergraduates are not impelled by motives of pure altruism. In the latest film the Andy Foger of the Princeton campus, on the morning of the track meet wit. Yale, gave a few short ones of cocains to the university-half-miler. And all was for the hand of a Vassar maid.

Though Nassan refuse them sanctuary the Bebe Daniels and the Dolores Costellos need not go weeping through the night. The cathedrals of the movies will continue to distribute collegiate caviar to the general. The departure of the campus first will go unmourned, like the simultaneous flight of a campus sense of humor.