CULINARY CRUSADE INVADES HALLOWED YARD ENCINCTURE

Hot Soup and Coffee to Supplement Day student Repasts--Cheek Believes Plan Will Fill Real Need

As a new attempt to solve a phase of the eating difficulty at the University a topic widely discussed last year, the Phillips Brooks House Association will open next week a room in which break-fasts and lunches will be served at a nominal price to men taking part in P. B. B. activities, and students commuting from Boston and vicinity.

In the basement of the Phillips Brooks House, according to an announcement made last night by M. A. Cheek '26, Graduate Secretary of the Association, a rooms has been newly decorated and equipped, and will be used beginning on Monday for two meals a day. At the present time it is planned to serve breakfasts only to men who are actively engaged in the work of the Association, but Cheek intimated that the opportunity may be extended later to include other members of the University. The price of single meals will be $.35, and for those who sign up by the week, $.30 per day. Fruit, cereal, coffee, and toast will be the general menu. At the midday meals for day-students, hot coffee and possibly hot soup will be served at a moderate cost to those who bring their own lunches from home.

"The policy of the Phillips Brooks House Association," said Cheek in discussing the new plan. "Is to make the House of as much service to the students of the University as possible, and in starting this lunch-room, the House feels that it is meeting it real need".