TWELVE NEW AVIATORS JOIN FLYING CLUB RANKS

NEW TESTS FOR ASPIRANTS START NEXT SPRING

Twelve men will be initiated into the Harvard Flying Club at a banquet to be held at the Harvard Club of Boston Monday night. The new members were chosen from a list of 40 candidates who presented themselves for election.

Another competition for memberships in the club will be conducted in the spring, according to W.N. Bump '28, president of the organization. Those who will be initiated next Monday are; W.C. Atwater '28, C.D. Breckinridge '31, T.W. Dunn '31, R.R. Forester '30, A.T. Hartwell '29, C.E. Henderson '28, Sargent Kennedy '28, D.M. Leith '29, M. McKay '31, J.I. Pool '28, I.T. Williams '31, and J.R. Wood 2G.

Underwent Long Training

The men have qualified as members of the club by a strenuous training period both on the ground and up in the air. Though all of them are not licensed pilots they are considered sufficiently trained for membership.

This is the second year of the Flying Club's activity. Founded as the first college organization of its kind, the club achieved fame during its first year because of the great number of miles completed without mishap of any kind.

This year the club has branched out. A new plane was purchased in the West and flown to Cambridge from Milwankee. Two air meets have been entered with considerable success, and the Crimson flyers have also had a hand in the New England Flood emergency work.