MUSICIANS TRIUMPH IN BRATTLE HALL CONCERT

Ballantyne Finds Instrumental Clubs Very Entertaining--Specialty Acts Score Hit

The following review of the instrumental Club's concert last night was written by Edward Ballantine '04, Assistant Professor of Music.

The concert of the Instrumental Clubs last evening was too full of high spirits, musical talent, and a rich variety of entertainment to be described in adequate detail.

The Banjo Club opened the concert auspiciously with their well concerted accents and efforts of shading. The Vocal Club sang with continuous enthusiasm football songs and some of the old college songs in which the barber shop chords and bibulous whimsicalities dear to the old "grad" were executed with a finish which was rare in the good old days.

The musical life of contemporary American youth was most vividly presented by the Gold Coast Orchestra, which is possessed of an extraordinary humor and virtuosity in Jazz effects C. E. Henderson '28 was the star of the evening by virtue of his adroit arrangements and subtle rhythmic piano play.

A. W. Lind '29, played his violin soles with a true clear tone and a musical feeling. There was a honeyed saxophone sextet and the vaudeville entertainers Robert Reinhart '29 and K. A. Perry '28 delighted the audience with their clevernessing.