More Smoking, Be-Spectacled, Appendix-less Freshmen Revealed by Wadsworth Figures-Vaccination Runs Riot

Important changes are shown in the survey of Freshman physical examination statistics inst completed by Dr. Alfred Worcester '78, Henry K. Oliyer Professor of Hygiene. Over last year's Fresh-man class there is an increase of tonper cent in the number of those who smoko, two per cent more wear glasses, and the samo increase is shown in the number of these who have had their appendices removed before entering college.

Of particular interest is the fact that there is still a large increase in the proportion of men who have undergone tonsil and adenoid operations, 39 per cent having had the undesirable members removed this year while only 33 per cent were recorded for the previous year.

As a result of the new ruling requiring vaccination, which took effect this fall, every new student, both undergraduate and graduate, had first to file a certificate of successful vaccination with the Department of Physical Education before being admitted to the University. No exceptions were made to any student; ten days grace, however, was given to those who had not been vaccinated before their arrival in Cambridge.

The percentages of Freshmen falling into the A, B, C, and D classifications of posture are respectively four per cent, 36 per cent, 45 per cent, and 15 per cent. All men failing to obtain a grade above D are automatically placed in a class for special corrective exercises, conducted by N. W. Fradd.