NATIONAL TOURNAMENT DRAWS SQUASH PLAYERS

UNIVERSITY TEAM PLAYS TWICE DURING VACATION

The University squash racquets team, national team championship winner last year at Detroit, will again participate in the National Squash Tournament, it was announced last night by R. H. Sanger '28, manager of the racquets men. The tournament will be held this year in the middle of February at Philadelphia. Although the University won the individual crown also last year, a new ruling prohibits any organization from entering both a team and an individual player in the tournament. In order to keep in condition for these and the other matches, team A will play two teams during the Christmas recess in New York.

The first of these games will be played at 5 o'clock on December 29, when the University players will encounter the Harvard Club racquetsmen at the Harvard Club. Each team will be composed of six men instead of five.

The second match will be played on the following day at Cedarhurst, Long Island, this time the players from the Rockaway Hunting Club furnishing the opposition.

Besides Coach Harry Cowles the following men will make the trip to New York: J. L. Pool '28, S. M. Dupertius '28, Seabury Oliver '28, A. G. Thatcher '29, G. T. Francis '30, and one other man to be chosen later.

As a result of the recent inter-class squash tournament three class squads have been chosen from which the regular class teams will be picked after a ladder tourney has been played off to determine who the-first seven in each squad will be.

Play in this tournament will begin on January 4 and all matches are supposed to be played off before January 15.