B. U. MEET TO OPEN UNIVERSITY FOILS SEASON FEBRUARY 12

Outerbridge and Lane Form Nucleus of This Year's Team

The University Fencing team will have its first meet of the season on February 12 when it crosses foils with Boston University. It will line up with R. P. Outerbridge '28, and A. C. Lane '27, as regulars, and probably M. O. Berliner '28, and J. F. Davidson '27, as thirdman alternates. The epee division will as last year, be filled by R. P. Outerbridge and J. F. Davidson.

The team is by no means definite, as yet, for some of the sophomore, particularly G. H. Umbsen '29 and C. B. H. Hollester '29, show promise and may gain a position before the season is far advanced.

After Boston University, the team will meet Bowdoin, which has been a rival for several years, then the Harvard team visits West Point. At home again it meets Syracuse and Penn State in two consecutive days; then after a week's rest receive the J. Sanford Saltus Club, an experienced team of New York swordsmen, who have visited Harvard for several years. Following this match the semi-finals are held in New York, at Columbia, between Columbia, Tech, Yale, and Dartmouth. Then, if our team qualifies, the members will again go to New York on April 2, to compete in the intercollegiates, which will wind up the season.