RUNNERS JOURNEY TO MILLROSE MEET

Crimson Athletes Will Also Compete in Dashes, 1,000, and Pole Vault--Field of National Stars Entered

Nine members of the University track squad will leave for New York this morning to compete in the Millrose Athletic Association games, which will be held in Madison Square Garden tonight. The Crimson runners will have the opportunity to compete with the country's most brilliant stars.

A. H. Miller '27, H. W. Burns '28, and C. G. T. Lundell '27 will face a formidable field in the dashes. They will wear the spikes against McAllister, Murchison, often hailed as America's premier speedster, Hussey, the Boston College flash. Scholz, Charles, Russel, and Morrill. Miller and Burns faced the starter last year with an equally strong list of American and European contenders. In the 40-yard event Miller crossed the line second to Murchison with Houben, the German star, and Hussey trailing.

Murchison led Miller

Murchison broke the worsted in the 60-yard dash with Miller at his heels. The winner sped over the distance in six and three-tenths seconds, one-tenth of a second from the world mark. Murchison's leg injury, which he received at the close of last year's season, may be a handicap to the champion runner this year, and the Crimson sprinter, who has been showing more speed than ever, may flash his heels in front of the field tonight. In the 40 yard dash at the Knights of Columbus games, Miller was clocked at four and three-fifths seconds, one-fifth of a second from the world's record.

Coach E. L. Farrell has entered captain E. C. Haggerty '27, A. H. O'Neil '28, W. C. Peet '28, and G. A. Tupper '29 in the feature one-mile relay against the Universities of Maryland and Virginia two of the fastest baton carrying combinations in the country. Tupper starred on his Freshman relay team. The Crimson stick passers were defeated by a narrow margin in the Knights of Columbus 1560 yard relay when the Holy Cross runners broke the tape a few yards in the lead. The addition of Haggerty to the combination, however, will materially strengthen Harvard's chances.

Haggerty and O'Neil will leave the marks for the second time during the evening in the 100 yard run. Coach Farrell did not enter any of his charges in this event last year, and the entrance of the two Crimson stars is an innovation.

F. B. Clark '28 and B. G. Burbank '28 will carry the Crimson colors across the bar in the pole vault.