THE MAIL--

To the editor of the Crimson.

Dear Sir,

As a Yale man, who in his undergraduate days used to read the Crimson with mingled feelings of pleasure and envy (for I used to heel the News), it was a keen disappointment to me to pick up the first issue of the Crimson that I had seen in three years, and to see that the incumbent board is apparently devoid of sense of humor.

The issue to which I refer was that of Friday Jan. 28. There on the front page in the left hand column was given prominence to the most beautiful bit of balderdash on the subject of alleged "dirty football" by Princeton, that has yet appeared. I say this with all due respect to the efforts in that direction of Messrs. Hubbard and Hardwick. One, Braden, who entered Harvard in the autumn of 1920 and graduated in 1926, accuses the 1919 Princeton team of having, intentionally and with malice afore-thought, inflicted damage to his big brother's nose, to the cost of $1000. This was all done by means of making the Princeton players familiar with the outlines of Jim Braden's nose from photographs, blue-prints and blackboard drawings. "Whenever you see that nose, sock it", the young gentlemen from Princeton were instructed.

And on hearing of this malevolently planned and accurately executed plot from some of his Princeton acquaintances George Braden was so outraged that he changed his allegiance from Princeton to Harvard!

Dear Crime, although the guillible Mr. Braden may not have caught on, I am surprised that you apparently did not see that a few of the lads from Nassau were just having a bit of fun with him. The Harvard Crimson from its former high estate seems to have fallen. Sic Transit   O. Chatfield Taylor, Yale '23.

Ed Note--We refer Mr. Taylor to the editoral on page 2 of the number of the Crimson which printed Braden's story.