TUDOR IS CHOSEN 1929 PRESIDENT

Large Poll Gives New President Safe Margin Over Carlton--Closest Race Is for Vice-Presidency

John Tudor of Boston was elected President of the class of 1929 in the Sophomore election, the results of which were announced last night. The most prompt and one of the heaviest votes cast by a Sophomore class was counted last night. Over 600 postal ballots were returned, some 50 being invalid, leaving 566 to be counted.

Forrester Andrew Clark of Boston was chosen vice-president of the class. The contest between Clark and David Guarnaccia was the closest of the election, but last year's Freshman four letter man had a comfortable lead over the 1929 football star.

James Lawrence, Jr. of Boston won the office of secretary-treasurer without great difficulty. He had a safe margin over his closest rival, William Sterling Youngman.

Tudor Is Hockey Star

Tudor was Captain of the 1929 hockey team, a member of the Executive Board of the class, and chairman of the Jubilee Committee. This year he is starring on the University hockey sextet, being the high point scorer of the team, and a flashy all around performer at right wing.

Clark won his numerals last year in football, hockey, polo and crew. He was also a member of the Jubilee Committee. This year he made his "H" in football, and is now playing on the polo team.

Lawrence was awarded his numerals for rowing on the undefeated 1929 crew, and was also a member of the Jubilee Committee of his class, a member of the Gore Hall Dormitory Committee.

Officers Start Immediately

The new officers will assume their official duties immediately. Their first tasks are to receive the 1929 Committee reports which are now due, and make arrangements for the Sophomore Smoker which is scheduled to come off sometime in the latter part of February or around the first part of March.

The voting this year was done on the preferential system. The postal cards had a complete list of candidates on them the voter numbering them in the order of his preference. The nominee who received the least number of points was elected. Of the 100 ballotssent out, over 600 were returned to A. E. French '29, retiring president of the class.

Tudor, Clark, and Lawrence were all in the original nomination announced Friday, January 7. Subsequent nominations by petition to the original men selected included R. R. Cutter and E. G. Manchester for president, David Guarnaccia for vice-president, and Thomas McGovern and M. Shapiro for secretary-treasurer. These men were nominated by petition of 25 names before January 13. HOW 1929 NOMINEES STOOD President John Tudor  1137 Winslow Carlton  1280 C. McK. Norton  1287 E. G. Manchester  1782 H. H. Cutter  2001 Vice-President F. A. Clark  1204 David Guarnaccia  1390 A. G. Churchill  1460 T. G. Moore  1606 Secretary-Treasurer. James Lawrence, Jr.  1367 B. W. Griscom  1465 W. S. Youngman  1505 Thomas McGovern  1958 L. M. Shapiro  2195