1930 SKATERS ARE EASY VICTORS IN FIRST GAME

HARDING AND SUMMERS LEADERS OF 1930 ATTACK

Upholding the reputation established by its predecessors, the Freshman hockey team overwhelmed the Andover sextet in the Boston Arena yesterday afternoon by a 7 to 0 score. The schoolboys showed a great need for practice and could not cope with the Crimson onrush once the 1930 combination launched its attack.

Yesterday's contest was the first scheduled game that the Freshmen have been able to play. Unfavorable weather conditions made play on the outdoor rinks impossible. The first year men were playing their initial contest under the direction of Coach C. I. Peirson '25, successor to J. H. Dempsey '23, who established the unparalleled record of turning out three undefeated teams.

Kimball's scintillating defense work in the cage was all that prevented the Harvard skaters from scoring more than twice. The action was in front of the Blue net throughout the period. Lakin beat Kimball with a short shot about half way through the period. A short while later the puck rebounded from Frost's skate and slid into the net.

Following is the summary: HARVARD 1930  ANDOVER Summers, Cross, Richardson l.w.  l.w. Frost, Pierce Harding, Davis, Smith c.  c. Luce Lakin, Gray r.w.  r.w. Rugg, Langlen Stewart, Fuller l.d.  l.d. MacDougell, Rosenfield Wetmore, Fuller r.d.  r.d. Lamont Warner, Trask, Vogel g.  g. Kimball

Score, Harvard 7, Andover 0. Goals, Harding, Davis, Lakin 2, Summers 2, Frost for Harvard. Referee, A. V. Bratt. Time, three 15-minute periods.