Parrot in Gilded Cage to Grace Advocate Board Meeting on Saturday--Picked for Richness of Profane Vocabulary

Conjecture, query and surprise greeted the substantiation last night of the rumor that the dignified and conservative Advocate is purchasing a talking parrot. Not a mere talking parrot is the object of the quest, it must be more-over a highly educated talking parrot; one that not only talks, but knows where of he speaks.

The editor in charge of the purchase of this cultivated bird, confessed to an inquiring Crimson reporter, that it is prerequisite that the parrot be able to swear in the conventional manner, and that he also be able to discuss life and letters in an intelligent way with the members of the Advocate Board.

Whether the bird is to be initiated and admitted to a full editorship on the Advocate was not revealed in the interview. As it is proposed, however, that the parrot will receive the finishing touches to his linguistic education after he has been established in the Advocate building, and since these touches will be supplied by present members of the board, it must be assumed that the bird. if not admitted to full editorship, will play the part of confidante and friend.

The Advocate parrot will be enclosed in a gilded cage of the finest quality obtainable, from which vantage point he will lavish profanity and witty sayings upon the Board, and it is expected that he may even dictate printable prose and poetry worthy of being given space in the columns of the magazine.

Besides serving as counsellor and friend, the parrot may prove to be a literary inspiration, and any future poems on the subject of a 'bird in his gilded cage' may be directly traced to his influence.