SPRINGFIELD TO INVADE HEMENWAY

Combs Takes His Post at Left Guard in Lineup Shift--Forward Berth Goes to Slocum

The Harvard quintet will face a powerful Springfield five at Hemenway gymnasium at 8 o'clock tonight with another change in the lineup which moves Barbee from left guard to center, replacing Green.

Playing Barbee at center is a repetition of an experiment tried in the Columbia game. Coach Wachter believes that this move, although weakening a defense upon which he has been working, will make a stronger opposition to Springfield than the usual lineup.

Another change is the stationing of Slocum at right forward replacing Dorn Slocum has recovered from a sprained ankle just in time to take the place of Dorn, whose ankle was sprained last Saturday in the game with Maine.

Tonight will be Slocum's first appearance since the game with the University of Vermont on February 23, when he suffered the injury to his ankle.

Springfield Seems Strong

Springfield defeated Harvard last year and usually has excellent quintets, and this year is no exception, the team only having lost one game out of 13. Carnegie, Vermont and Tufts are among the first calibre teams which Springfield has defeated.

The Springfield game is particularly important to the men on the Crimson squad, who are hoping to make their letters, since they will receive a minor sports H in place of a basketball H is Harvard wins both the Springfield game and the Yale game on Saturday. The ruling stipulates that for the player to receive a minor sports H in basketball the team must win three quarters of their games and the Yale game.

There will be no Freshman game today, the next encounter scheduled being the Yale game on Saturday.