CALIFORNIA, HERE I COME

In spite of the fact that the movies have yet to do right by Harvard, Harvard is now to be given a chance to do right by the movies. Some place between Stillman Infirmary and the Union there may be lurking a potential Gilbert, now wasting his time and his sex appeal in a scholastic atmosphere. The movies are out to get their man.

Harvard is grateful. After having been told repeatedly that Harvard men are merely Ph.D.'s and section men it is comforting to be approached on the subject on one's personal glamour. The fact that many other colleges and universities are receiving the same honor does not detract from its value, for while a Yale movie star is conceivable even the cheeriest enthusiast has heretofore failed to prophesy a Harvard cinema idol.

There is but one bitter fruit in the overflowing cup Harvard may bring forth a future Gilbert: Tony's rival may be nodding in some Churca Street stable and some Fogg aesthete may design a bathroom to suit de Mille's taste--but never, on never, never, can Harvard yield a Greta Garbo.