CHARLOT--IN REVIEW

Tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow one may expect the breathless query--did you see Chaplin plain? A lady harpist, who has also the distinction of being married to the man who illustrated "Gentlemen Prefer Blondes," Koussevitsky, and Charles Spencer Chaplin, have united to form the complete glorification of Sanders Theatre.

Perhaps this is a reward to the faithful, and a proof that Symphony concerts are not in vain. Certainly the subscribers to the series never foresaw when they trod their ways to those simple, unassuming Thursday evenings, that ultimately fame would come--fame and Mr. Chaplin. But the scandal sheets have headlined the affair, not as praising the advent of culture and Rimsky-Korsokof in Cambridge, but as announcing the presence of a much married man. This is as it should be: the tabloid has its story: Mrs. Chaplin sees Memorial Hall when it is most imposing--in the dead of night; and the minute portion of the public who cares for that sort of thing has Mr. Koussevitsky. The first two shall pass away but the last--fortunately--shall not pass away.