DEBATERS ARE TO ARGUE ON WESTERN PLATFORMS

TRIP IS FIRST ONE FOR HARVARD TEAM SINCE WAR

A debating team from Harvard will tour the Middle West this spring for the first time since the war, announced F.W.P. Lorenzen '28, President of the Debating Council.

The team will leave for the West in the third week of April, during the spring vacation. The first debate will be against the University of Pittsburgh on April 16. From Pittsburgh the team will travel to Grennell, Iowa, where they are scheduled to debate on April 18. From then on debates will take place on successive days, the next being against Iowa University at Iowa City on April 19. Ames, also in Iowa, will be the scene of the fourth debate, the Crimson orators arguing against the Iowa State College on April 20. The last debate definitely scheduled will take place on April 21 against Carleton College at Northfield, Minnesota.

This debating team is the first official one since the war to go to the Middle West, although last year an informal tour was staged through the West during the spring vacation.

The trials for this trip will be held next Monday in connection with the trials for the Yale-Princeton meet on March 26, and the Columbia debate which has recently been added to the schedule, and will occur on March 25.