TWELVE HARVARD TEACHERS SECURE PROMOTION HONOR

Hawkins, Hooton, Mercier, Murray and Weston Promoted--Five Assistant Professors Created

Two Professors, five Associate Professors, and five Assistant Professors have received Harvard appointments to take effect September 1, 1927, it was announced yesterday.

W.A. Seavey '01 has been made Professor of Law in the Harvard Law School. Professor Seavey comes to Harvard from the University of Pennsylvania, where he has been during the past year. Previous to 1926, he had been a teacher in Pei Yang University in China, a Captain in the army during the world war, and Dean of the College of Law at the University of Nebraska.

Pofessor O.D. Kellogg has been appointed to a full professorship of Mathematics. He graduated from Princeton in 1899, was Professor of Mathematics at the University of Missouri for ten years, and since 1920 has been an Associate Professor at Harvard. At present he is Chairman of the Board of Tutors in the Division of Mathematics.

E.A. Hooton Ph. D. Litt. B., since 1921 Assistant Professor of Anthropology and Curator of Sematology at the Peabody Museum, has been made an Associate Professor of Anthropology. W.H. Weston Jr. '15 will become an Associate Professor of Botany and John Tucker Murray '99, Chairman of the Board of Tutors in the Devision of Modern Languages, an Associate Professor of English. R.L. Hawkins '03 and L.J.A. Mercer A. M. have been made Associate Professors of French.

An Assistant Professorship in the Department of History has been awarded to J.P. Baxter 3rd, in the Department of German to F.S. Cawley, and in the Department of Economics to E.S. Mason Ph. D. '25. C.C. Pratt has been made an Assistant Professor of Psychology, and H.M. Shiffer '05, an Assistant of Professor of Philosophy