CIRCOLO ITALIANO WILL SEND STUDENT TO ROME

AWARD WILL PROVIDE FOR ALL LIVING EXPENSES

Next winter a member of the Circolo Italiano will go to Rome on a scholarship given by the Club. This is the first scholarship of its kind to be given by an undergraduate organization in this country.

The award, amounting to about $850, will provide for a year's tuition at the University of Rome, for food and lodging at the Y. M. C. A. in Rome, and for the round trip.

The man who will go next year will be selected this April or May, and his name will be announced at the last dinner given by the club this year which will occur in May.

Choice Based on Essay

The selection will be based upon an essay or report of about 6000 words on some Italian subject, and upon the students status in college, and his personality. The essays will be judged by Professors La Piana, Edgell, G. B. Weston and Grandgent.

While in Rome the student will be expected to send back monthly reports on his progress and his experiences, and will probably address the Club upon his return the following year.

Money Raised by Dances

The money which is to be employed for this scholarship was raised from the proceeds of the dance last year, from apeals which have been sent out, and it is believed that the remainder will be achieved by the receipts of this year's ball.

Questionnaires have already been sent to all members of the Club asking whether they wish to compete and inquiring into their eligibility.

The purpose of the award is to further friendly relations between Italy and America--much the same sort of aim on a small scale, as that of the Rhodes Scholarship in regard to England. This aim is a manifestation of the policy of the Club itself.