W. & M. FIRST HOSTS TO CRIMSON

Harvard Nine Makes First Stop of Jaunt Through South at Williamsburg

After today's game and a tilt with Bates next Saturday, the University baseball squad will entrain for the South, there to meet six teams in as many days.

Only two of these six teams were played on the Crimson invasion into the South last Spring. Harvard suffered a loss in the contest with Catholic University by a 1 to 0 score, but overwhelmed the Navy nine at Annapolis 14 to 6.

Coach Mitchell has not announced yet who wil compose the squad to make the Southern trip but it is understood that about 25 men will be taken.

According to plans announced by Manager R. A. Magowan '27, the squad will leave Boston at 5 o'clock Sunday afternoon. They will arrive in Richmond, Virginia, Monday morning, leaving shortly after for Williamsburg to meet William and Mary later in the afternoon.

The next day Randolp-Macon will oppose the Crimson ballplayers in Ashland, virginia. Immediately after this game the squad will leave for Washington. During the three days stay in the Capital during which they will be quartered at the Racquet Club, Harvard will meet successively the Navy, Georgetown, and Catholic University teams.

In New York the next day, Saturday, April 23, Coach Mitchell's charges will close their trip with a game with Columbia at Baker's Field.