BOXERS MEET FIRST FOES AT HEMENWAY

Sullivan, Gordon, Denis, Sack, Johnson, Lord and Robinson to Fight--Meet to Be at 8 O'clock

Fighting the first outside team it has ever engaged, the University boxing team will oppose the M. I. T. leather pushers tonight at 8 o'clock at the Hemenway Gymnasium.

Being the first time that the University boxers have fought outsiders, it is hard to tell what the outcome will be and as a result of their extra experience the M. I. T. aggregation is given a slight edge over the home team. Their squad has fought in three meets already this season, as well as having entered the intercollegiates, held last week at Syracuse.

Their team, however, has no exceptional fighters and they have been beaten by the Navy and New Hampshire, the M. I. T. men winning their only victory in a later return meet with New Hampshire. In the Intercollegiates two of their team, placed second and if L. J. O'Malley, their heavy weight, had not tripped on the canvas and fallen, he probably would have won in his class.

John Parkinson Jr. '27 who won the 160 pound class in the University Tournament will be unable to box on account of injuries received during the tournament, while R. E. Johnson '27 who fought in the 175 pound class, having been able, to make the weight, has moved down to the 160 pound class.

The team will line up as follows.

115 pound class: F. R. Sullivan '27, vs R. R. Peatfield, M. I. T.

125 pound class: Aaron Gordon '27 vs Walter Kwok, M. I. T. captain.

135 pound class: E. G. Denis '28, vs Albert Carey M. I. T.

145 pound class: E. A. Sack, Jr. '28, vs J. J. Conroy M. I. T.

160 pound class: R. E. Johnson '27, vs G. A. Flynn, M. I. T.

175 pound class: W. W. Lord '28, vs D. M. Marshall, M. I. T.

Unlimited class: K. D. Robinson, '29, vs J. O'Malley, M. I. T.