CRIMSON BOXERS DOWN ENGINEERS

University Battler Pounds His Way to Triumph in Thriller--Technology Heavyweights Victorious

The University boxing team, in winning its meet with M. I. T. by a score of 4 to 3, demonstrated that pugulism deserves its place among the sports of the University.

The fastest and most exciting bout of the evening was between R. E. Johnson 27, of the University, and G. A. Flynn M. I. T. The first round, in which blows were given and taken freely was even. The next round started like a whirlwind and for one minute Johnson, who by this time was getting a slight edge over his opponent, has Flynn reeling groggily for a minute receiving stunning blows on the head Flynn guarded himself well, however, and pulled through the round. In the third round Flynn came back, only to be again battered by Johnson's swinging blows. The University fighter's extra weight and his superior battling ability gave him a slight edge and when both men had staggered to their corners the judges gave Johnson the decision.

Dennis Outclasses Corey

In the 135-pound class E. G. Dennis '28, Harvard, so far out-classed Albert Corey of M. I. T. that after two and one half minutes the referee gave the decision to Dennis to prevent a knockout.

In the 115-pound class F. R. Sullivan '27 of the University beat R. R. Peat-field '28 of M. I. T. and in the 125-pound class Walter Kwok, the M. I. T. captain won from Aaron Gordon '27. Kwok's onslaught was so terrific in the first minutes that it took Gorden two rounde to recover his poise, but, realizing that his opponent did not out-class him as much as he had appeared to, he fought an even third round.

The 145-pound class was won by E. A. Sack '28 of the University from J. J. Conroy. Conroy's swings were slow and Sack, using a short left jab was a clear winner.

M. I. T. won both of the heavyweight classes in close fights. D. M. Marshall, M. I. T., conceded W. W. Lord '28, Harvard 15 pounds and won, while L. J. O'Malley, M. I. T., also out-weighed by his opponent K. D. Robinson '29, Harvard, won the unlimited class. Intercollegiate rules were followed.