Otto Grow Faces Problems of Man of Books in New Lending Library--Tiny Nook on Huntington Ave. Houses Tiny Shop

Cigar and all, Otto Grow is stepping off the sporting pages into the world of affairs, and those who would like to make his personal acquaintance may meet him at any time after May 23 at 251 1-16 Huntington Avenue, Boston.

Years of parading himself before the critical eyes of the reading public have made the little fellow self-conscious. He has begun to realize that his language is not always what it should be, and he has determined to improve it. So it is books and the book business that claim his attention beginning next week.

Believing in proportion in all things, he has discovered under the protecting wing of Symphony Hall, a tiny store whose dimensions are decidedly unfriendly to fat men, whom nobody loves, but which are made just right for Otto. Into this nook Otto is planning to move bag and baggage, books and bookshelves.

He is going to open a lending library, carrying a line of new fiction and magazines. So will he carry out his plan for self-education and he hopes, please his friends as well. F. P. Collier, Otto's Boss, writes in behalf of his protege:

"For the lithe and slender it does not cost any more to join than the Red Cross does, and the need is nearly as great. For the heavyweights, who can't squeeze in, Otto has arranged for prompt and efficient mall delivery."

There are people whose hearts go out to anything on a small scale. Perhaps they will sympathize with Otto and his little scheme for improving his vocabulary and pleasing the public. It is a worthy enterprise. Presided over by the diminutive favorite and his genial Boss, it--well, it otto grow.