THE SUPREME GENERALS

Since the number of students wishing to complete their requirements for the Bachelor's Degree at the Mid-year period has declined to a mere score, there is sufficient cause besides that of a striving for improvement for the elimination of the February General Examinations. Undoubtedly the various Departments have felt the ravages incurred by the comparative excellencies of the two sets of ingulsitions, for previously the questions asked in the winter papers have been accepted as more or less of an indication of those which would not be asked in the following spring or at least which would be passed over lightly. Henceforth the June Generals will be the be-all and end-all--as is their proper function.

It is to be noted that this step of the Corporation and Overseers does not necessitate a four year course for the attainment of one's degree. It only excludes the possibility of future mid-year graduations. And while there is no reason why February is not as fitting a time as June at which to conclude one's college career the very fact that so few choose to do so is a very good motive for entirely eliminating the opportunity; when betterment in the quality of Generals is an added incentive, the action is praiseworthy. Anything making for a further chance in which the General Examinations may demonstrate their practicality as final aids to the success of the Tutorial System is to be welcomed.