GEORGETOWN NINE TO MEET HARVARD

Losing Hurler in Former Game to Face Blue and Gray Again-4 O'clock Set as Zero Hour

When the University nine lines up against Georgetown on Soldiers Field at 4 o'clock today, it will be facing a team that has already taken its measure. On April 21, at Washington, trailing by 6 to 2, the Blue and Gray rose in the eighth inning and smote the offerings of F. B. Cutts '28 for four runs. J. N. Barbee '28 replaced Cutts, and a pinch hitter lined out a double, scoring the tying and winning runs.

Barbee is listed for another chance at his conquerors today. Each team will line up as it did in the last meeting, and it is likely that Burch, who pitched the last inning for Georgetown after the game was won, will be on the mound for the southerners.

Holy Cross Downs Georgetown

Since that engagement down in the nation's capital, Georgetown has cut a wide swath in collegiate baseball ranks, until its nine ran afoul of Holy Cross at Worcester last Saturday. There Burch was chased from the mound by a salvo of hits that produced eight runs in the fifth, while Davidson of Holy Cross pitched shutout ball throughout the contest, holding his opponents to two hits. The two Georgetown counters that made the final score 9 to 2 came in on errors.

Nine to two was the score of Harvard's victory over Holy Cross nearly two weeks ago. In that game at Soldiers Field Davidson was knocked off the hill in the third inning by the Crimson batters. Comparative scores mean little or nothing in sports, but the results of these two encounters might seem to indicate improvement of the University nine that would give it an edge in today's game.

Today's Tilt Decisive

Victory today will go a long way toward determining Harvard's right to the mythical baseball championship crown of the eastern colleges. Through its defeat by Holy Cross, Georgetown's claim to the laurels will be no stronger than the University's, and if Barbee and his mates succeed in topping the visitors this afternoon, Harvard will unquestionably rank above the Blue and Gray, always a powerful contender for Eastern honors.

After changes in lineup and batting order instituted for the weekend games, Coach F. G. Mitchell will return to his arrangement of the past few weeks, with W. W. Lord '28 covering first base and batting in the cleanup position. J. P. Chase '28 in left field, and J. E. Tobin '27 again relegated to the substitutes' bench. The batting order shift of last week that interchanged Chase and W. B. Jones '28 is apparently permanent. Chase has been hitting very well since his elevation to the second place in the lineup

The Crimson baseball team is pointing for the strenuous final games, including contests with Holy Cross. Brown, Penn, Dartmouth and the annual series with Yale. In an early season diamond meeting with Yale Georgetown went to 11 innings to take an 8 to 7 struggle from the Elis.