Harvard and Brown

THE PRESS

It is unfortunate that Harvard should choose to drop Brown from her regular place on the schedule without first arranging her 1928 cards so that the annual contest might be played at another and more favorable date. We are confident that, even if the elevens representing Brown and Harvard do not meet in 1928, the long list of contests between the two institutions will be continued in 1929.

It is our opinion that Harvard has found it necessary to change the date of the annual Brown contest and, after doing so has not been able to fit the game into another place on its prearranged schedule.

If this theory is correct and the athletic authorities of both institutions are unable to arrange a meeting for 1928, we are willing to accept a one-year interval in the long series of annual games. But, if Harvard desires to discontinue football relations with Brown, which seems unlikely, we are quite as willing to accept the break as the Crimson. Harvard has just as much to lose from such a move as Brown.

We sincerely trust that the difficulty in regard to the 1928 Harvard football schedule is ironed out satisfactorily. We heartily agree with the Crimson authorities that the Brown game is too difficult and too important to come between two other big contests. However, we are somewhat at a loss to understand how Harvard can risk even a temporary break in a rivalry of forty-three year's standing merely to rearrange her own schedule so that it includes another "big" game with an institution which the Crimson has not played since 1909-The Brown Herald.