OARSMEN OPPOSE LIGHTER CORNELL EIGHT ON CAYUGA

Olmsted Goes Back in Boat and Emmet Replaces Barry-150 and Third Crews Race at Philadelphia

Ithaca, N. Y., May 27, 1927-Rough water on Lake Cayuga kept the Harvard University and second crews from rowing over the course here today in preparation for their races with Cornell tomorrow afternoon. A north wind blew down the two-mile stretch. If the wind continues, the races will be rowed on the abbreviated inlet course, where the Crimson and Big Red eights practiced today.

The Harvard first crew outweighs the Cornell eight by nearly ten pounds to the man and is a heavy favorite in tomorrow's feature battle. No change has been made in the Crimson since Captain Platt returned to the number 5 seat three weeks ago. The Cornell boat, with the weights, is seated as follows: stroke, Frances, 179; 7, Callahan, 177; 6, Allen, 186; 5, Harwood, 177; 4, Hopper, 178; 3, Craig, 169; 2, Drew, 177; bow, Jarvis, 174; coxswain, Walker,109.

The Harvard Second crew's lineup was definitely settled today. J. B. Olmstead '27, who rowed at 4 in the second boat three weeks ago at Annapolis and accompanied the squad here as a substitute, resumed his place in the middle of the shell. William Emmett '29, formerly at 4, has been shifted to 3, replacing J. R. Barry '27. Emmet is more effective pulling a starboard oar.

Philadelphia, Pa., May 27, 1927-Two Harvard crews will go into races in the American Henley here tomorrow as distinct underdogs.

The Crimson 150-pound crew, which trailed Pennsylvania last Saturday, faces the Red and Blue eight again, as well as lightweight crews from Princeton, Yale, and Columbia.

The third university crew faces eights from Yale, Princeton, and Pennsylvania. None of the crews have any racing records, and any prediction as to the outcome is impossible. The Harvard boat, however, did not impress in its workouts on the Charles, trailing an informal combination class eight in practice, and it will be a surprise if the Crimson boat leads the way over the Schuylkill course.