UNIVERSITY OARSMEN TO RESUME WORK TODAY

To Make Definite Choice of Stroke at Red Top--Combination Crew Will Be Made by End of Week

The University crew squad will resume rowing again on the Charles this afternoon for the first time since the clash with Cornell last Saturday. Since the return to Cambridge from Itbaca training table has been discontinued and no training regulations imposed by Coach Brown. However, hard work will be resumed next week with the installation of the crews in their new quarters at Red Top.

Yesterday afternoon 10 men reported as candidates for the combination eight which will be selected Friday or Saturday. It has been decided tentatively that this crew will be composed of five upper-classmen and three Freshmen.

The definite choice of a four mile stroke is not to be made definitely until the beginning of the second week at New London. Norton, Perkins and Watts, however, will all be given opportunities to prove their worth in this respect. Beyond the precarious position of Watts at stroke there seems to be little speculation as to the first boat, although no man who has rowed on that eight seems to feel unduly sure of his place. At the beginning of the season Coach Brown decided that every man was subject to promotion or demotion until the day of the Yale race, a promise which he has kept faithfully thus far.