1930 AND COMBINATION EIGHTS QUARANTINED

NEW SHELL HAS BEEN LIGHTENED BY REMOVAL OF BRACES

The Freshman crew and the combination eight will not be able to leave for Red Top with the rest of the University rowing squad on Sunday because of quarantine, it was announced last night by the H. A. A. The quarantine has been imposed because of the fact that two men in the 1930 outfit, M. R. Brownell Jr., and A. T. Gray, have mumps. It will not be raised until Thursday of next week.

The combination eight will be detained with the Freshman squad because of the fact that probably three of its members will be recruited from the first year ranks. All these men will be chosen by Coaches Haines and Brown either today or tomorrow and will row together on the Charles until Thursday when they will follow the rest of the Harvard camp to New London.

The two University eights once again made their appearance on the Charles after a four days respite, following the invasion of lihaca. The two crews have been shifted by Coach Brown in order to make them even, thus facilitating the choice of a four mile stroke. They are now seated as follows:

Crew X Stroke, John Watts '28; 7, Guy Murchie '29; 6, F. A. Clark Jr. '29; 5 Geoffrey Platt '27; 4, W. T. Emmet '29; 3, J. R. Barry '28; 2, R. S. Riley '27; bow, James Lawrence Jr. '29; cox, F. R. Sullivan '27.

Crew Y Stroke, C, McK. Norton '29; 7, George Bancroft '27; 6, J. DeW. Hubbard '29; 5, J. H. Harwood '27; 4, W. G. Saltonstall '28; 3, R. W. Ladd '27; 2, Edwin Farnham '27; bow, Oliver Ames Jr. oeC; cox, C. H. Pforsheimer '28.

The crews are now using the new Pocock shelt given by Robert Herrick '90 of Boston which will be taken to Red Top. Some of the braces have been removed from this boat in an attempt to lighten it.