CREWS COVER FOUR MILE COURSE AT LOW PADDLE

1930 MEMBERS OF COMBINATION CREW ARE CHOSEN

New London, June 7.--Following the long workout yesterday afternoon in which the University oarsmen rowed the four miles downstream to the bridge on one stretch and on the way back covered a two mile course at a stroke of 22 in 12 minutes, 15 seconds, Coach E. J. Brown '96 took the men for an easy row downstream as far as the Navy Yard this morning. This afternoon the men repeated yesterday's practice.

W. B. Boldt, M. R. Brownell Jr., C. N. Comstock and Malcolm Taylor Jr. have been announced as the Freshmen who will be taken to Red Top to complete the combination crew. D. F. Baum will be taken as cox. These men, with the first 1930 eight, will arrive in New London at 3:45 o'clock tomorrow afternoon and will take their initial row on the Thames that evening. Pending the arrival of the 1930 members of the combination eight walters have been substituting and S. C. Heard '25, who will coach the crew, has been acting in the capacity of cox.

It has not yet been decided which boat will seat either the first or second eight when they clash with Yale on June 24.