WILL HOLD COMMEMORATIVE SERVICES FOR SARGENT TODAY

President Lowell to Speak at Exercises in Arnold Arboretum

President Lowell will speak at the services held in the Arnold Arboretum at 4 o'clock this afternoon in memory of Charles Sprague Sargent '62, who was for 54 years director of the Arnold Arboretum and from 1879 until his death on March 22 Arnold Professor of Arboriculture at the University.

Other speakers beside President Lowell will be W. C. Endicott '83, trustee of the Massachusetts Horticultural Society; Mrs. J. A. Stewart Jr., president of the Garden Club of America; E. H. Wilson, president of the Horticultural Club of Boston, long an assistant to Professor Sargent, and now keeper of the Arboretum; and J. Horace McFarland, editor of the Rose Annual of Harrisburg, Pa.

Roger Wolcott '99, an overseer of Harvard, will preside, and former Bishop William Lawrence '71 will give the benediction, J. S. Ames '01, is in charge of the arrangements.

Invitations have been issued jointly by President Lowell, the Fellows of Harvard University, and friends of Professor Sargent, to those most interested in the work.