CLASS FOOTBALL STARTS ITS SEASON TODAY

Championship Team to Play Yale Class Champion -- Will Organize "Weight" Teams

Class football will begin at 4 o'clock today under the direction of former University and Second team players with M. A. Cheek '26 as head coach and J. L. Donovan '25, W. P. Howe '24, and E. S. Daniell '26, in charge of Sophomore, Junior, and Senior teams respectively. Coaching will be given in all departments of the game.

About 20 of the best men from each class will be retained on the Class team, and a schedule of games will be played to decide the championship. The members of the winning team will have their names engraved upon the permanent class trophy. In addition the winning team will play against the winning class team from Yale, this event having been inaugurated last year when the blue class championship team was defeated on Soldiers Field. This year the game will be at New Haven, and men who play will be given their numerals.

A new feature this year will be the organization of teams chosen from among the men who are not quite of class team calibre. These will be made up with weight figuring largely as the basis of choice. As many teams will be organized as there are men to fill the places. Games and scrimmages will be arranged with teams from various High Schools and other "weight" teams.