BUSINESS SCHOOL COMPLETES STUDY OF INTERSTATE POWER

Research Bureau Collects Data on Electrical Industry

The Research Bureau of the Business School has just completed the first complete and detailed study of interstate power that has ever been made by any organization, the results of which are expected to prove quite valuable to the Electrical industry of the United States. The School has published a book on the study entitled "Interstate Transmission of Electric Light and Power Companies in 1926".

In addition to being used by the various companies as a reference book and guide, the new volume will be used for teaching purpose in a number of Business School's general scheme of research to cooperate with industries and to supply them with valuable information for their operating departments.

The work of collecting material for book necessitated a connection with practically every electrical company in the United States. In collecting the data the following method was used, to each company on the list was sent, in addition to a questionnaire concerning the amount of electric power carried across state lines in 1926, a letter explaining in detail the purposes of the study. When this method of obtaining the desired information failed, personal calls were made.