PRIZES ARE OFFERED FOR ESSAY ON INSTITUTIONS

University of Michigan Lawyers' Club Offers $750 -- Contest Closes on October 1

Student authors in the University will have an opportunity to compete for cash prizes amounting to $750, as the result of an announcement by the Lawyers Club of the University of Michigan of a prize essay contest for the best manuscripts on the subject, "American Institutions." The essays may be historical, sociological, legal, or otherwise. The purpose of the contest is to stimulate the study of American institutions and to familiarize Americans with them by essays having literary as well as historical merit. This is the initial year of the contest and it will continue as an annual affair until further notice.

Four rules shall govern the contest. The competition is open to any one, and the essays may be of any length; they must be submitted to the judges on or before October 1, and all copy must be written on white linen paper without the signature of the author, but with some arbitrary symbol instead, a duplicate of which with the name of the author should be sent to the Lawyers Club. The trustees reserve the right to reject any or all manuscripts, and to publish the winning essays in the Michigan Law Review. Finally; the judges shall be two members of the Supreme Court of the State of Michigan, who are at the time of the contest members of the Board of Governors of the Lawyers Club of the University of Michigan. All inquiries and essays should be submitted to Professor G. C. Grismore, Secretary, Board of Governors of the Lawyers Club, University of Michigan. Ann Arbor, Michigan.