IMPORTANT NEW BOOKS

The Road to Plenty

By Wm. T. Foster and Waddill Catchings

How can we bring greater prosperity to business and more of the good things of life to all the people? The answer is in this book-a simple and esay-to-operate plan, revolutionary yet approved by business men, economists, and statesmen. And it is set forth in the form of a story so interesting that busy men-men who have time to read but few books-have read the book thorugh at one sitting.

$2.00 Net.

'An important book... every well-informed business man must read.'-Victor M. Cutter, President of the United Fruit Company.

War Letters of John Chipman Gray and John Codman Ropes, 1862-1865

Edited by Worthington C. Ford

During the Civil War, these two young Bostonians carried on a highly interesting correspondence. Ropes was at the time a student of law, while Gray was an officer in the Union Army. Their letters are of the greatest value as a source book of first-hand information, reproducing in a lively manner the day-by-day progress of the Civil War. Illustrated, $7.50

The Poor Gentleman By Ian Hay

'The Poor Gentleman' is a breathless tale, with many a sudden twist and hair-raising moment. The Shrewd ways by which Captain Shere overcame his handicap, for example, that gruesome life-or-death fight in the dark, when the blind man meets him on even terms, and the manner in which he turned it often to advantage in his contest with his able, if treacherous, adversaries are thrilling incidents in a story that Major Beith has told in his finest way. $2.50 Net.

Undiscovered France

By Emile F. Williams

This fascinating book is a Practical guide as well as a delightful volume to read. It takes the reader from Angers, the ancient capital of Anjou, to Poitiers, the Limousin, the Velay, Auvergne, and the Bourbons to Bourges in the Berry, including not only the chief towns, but the picturesque countryside. With over 200 Illustrations, boxed. $7.50.