MUSICIANS GET TRY FOR INSTRUMENTAL CLUBS

LIST OF SPRING CONCERTS IS ANNOUNCED

A second series of tryouts for candidates for the Instrumental Clubs will be held the first part of next month, it was announced last night by A. A. Holbrook '28, president of the clubs. At the same time plans for the next concert, which is to be given Wednesday, February 15 at 8.30 o'clock at the Harvard Club of Boston, were announced with the list of the spring concerts.

The new competition will open Tuesday, February 7, at 7 o'clock in the Music Building. A second tryout will be held the following Thursday at the same hour. The trials will last two hours. Three Departments Open

The competition is open to all members in the University, and is divided into three departments. They are vocal, specialty act, and instrumental. The vocal work consists of group singing; the specialty acts are usually given by magicians, ventriloquists, and musical artists; and the instrumental department is open to players of any type of instrument.

The concert to be given at the Harvard Club will have essentially the same program that was given on the Christmas tour. The specialty acts will be given by Robert Reinhart '29, and A. W. Lind '29. The Banjo club will play several selections under the direction of Philip Boone '28. With Chandler Robbins '28 conducting, the Mantlolin club will play several groups, ranging from "The Prayer of Thanksgiving", a Dutch folksong, to "Scandalize My Name", arranged by Burleigh.

The list of the coming spring concerts is as follows:

February 15--Harvard Club of Boston.

February 25--New York.

March 3--Portland.

March 4--Exeter Academy.

March 16--New Bedford.