Crimson to Hold Presidential Ballot on October 24 and 25

Graduate Schools are Included in Lists of Voters--Faculty Casts Special Votes

Following the custom adopted in former presidential election years, the CRIMSON is going to hold a presidential straw ballot of the University on Wednesday and Thursday of next week, October 24 to 25. The object is to obtain and preserve a record of both the College and graduate schools' 1923 choice for the White House honor.

With six political clubs already in full swing within the College and with the election itself only two weeks and few days ahead, it is believed that the poll, planned to embrace the entire University more completely than at any time during the past, will coincide with the aroused undergraduate and graduate political spirit and prove to be the most successful in the history of college balloting.

Many Places For Voting

Although plans for the canvassing have not been completed, it is definitely known that tables at which the students and Faculty may vote will be stationed in the following places: Freshman Halls, Sever Hall, Harvard Hall, the Baker Library, Langdell Hall, and Austin Hall. The University authorities have sanctioned the use of these places for the poll and these arrangements will make it possible for all men in the College, the Business School and the Law School to vote without inconvenience. The exact times at which students may vote at these places will be announced soon.

In 1924 5,000 ballots were mailed to men in the graduate schools and the faculties of the different schools while the undergraduates voted in person at the different polling booths. This year no ballots will be mailed, with all members of the University voting in person on the two days next week. A special group of ballots will probably be marked for Faculty votes.

Three Nominees to be on Ballots

The ballots will have the names of the three leading nominees. Hoover, Smith, and Thomas, printed on them as well as explicit directions for voting. In having them printed the names of the three men will be rotated with every 100 copies run off.

The first presidential poll of the University was conducted by the CRIMSON in 1912 and the experiment repeated in 1916, 1920, and 1924.