Political Trend to be Shown in Two Day Crimson Straw Vote

Tables Will be in Graduate Schools--Record Breaking Vote Expected

At 8.45 o'clock tomorrow the two day CRIMSON presidential poll of the University will start in an effort to determine the trend of feeling on the impending national election. At that hour ballot boxes will open in the following places: Sever Hall, Harvard Hall, Langdell Hall, Austin Hall, The Crimson Building, and the Baker Library.

Additional polling places will open at 11.45 o'clock in two of the Freshman Halls, and in the Union. The two in the Freshman Halls will close at 2 o'clock while the one in the Union will stay open half an hour longer. The two polling tables in Sever and Harvard Halls will close at 2.15 o'clock and the rest will stay open until 5 o'clock. The schedule for Thursday's voting is exactly the same.

Ballots Will List Three Names

The ballots will have the names of the three leading candidates for the presidency printed on them and in order to vote a student need only mark his choice and sign the ballot. These signatures will be kept absolutely confidential, and will be used only in order to prevent duplicate voting and the use of fictitious names. There will also be a blank space in which the name of a candidate not printed on the ballot may be inserted. The three men who will have their names on the pasteboards will be Herbert Hoover, Alfred E. Smith and Norman Thomas.

The voting is open to all members of the University: undergraduates, graduates and Faculty.

A Large Poll Expected

In 1924 the CRIMSON mailed ballots to the faculty and members of the law school, and although the vote was the largest in the history of CRIMSON polls for the complete University, it is hoped this year that there will be a larger vote cast in the graduate schools with tables in Langdell and Austin Halls in the Law School, and a table in the Baker Library in the Business School. This year no ballots are being sent out by mail and everyone wanting to vote will have to cast his vote in person at one of the polling tables.