REGULARS WATCH TEAM B IN HARD SCRIMMAGE

TEAM WILL BE INTACT FOR GAME WITH BIG GREEN SATURDAY

After five weeks of intensive gridiron drill, culminating in the engagement with the Cadet forces last Saturday, the Crimson first-string eleven was yesterday given its first respite from actual work, and witnessed their understudies, Team B, run through two sessions of scrimmaging, one with the Freshmen and one with the second team coaches.

The former was largely a drill of defensive work against the aerial attack which was the chief factor in the Saturday defeat, while the latter workout was of an informal nature, off tackle plays and end sweeps being stressed for the most part. In the scrimmage against the second team mentors, the University team was five times given the ball on its own 40-yard line, and five times succeeded in carrying the ball over the line, not once losing the ball on downs.

Crawford Kicks Accurately

George Crawford, ocC., kicked the goal three times out of three tries. Though early in the season handicapped by injuries, his progress since rejoining the squad has been so rapid that he now seems to be a serious contender for the quarterback berth. He is the most versatile and dependable field general on the team, being a hard-running back and a sure passer.

Present indications would tend to show that the University will present an unscathed front when it meets the Big Green at the end of the week. The shoulder injury of J. S. Cunningham '29 sustained in the contest with the West Pointers seems to be the only casualty of any consequence. S. L. Batchelder '31, who has been out for some time with a twisted ankle, returned today only to suffer a reoccurrence of the injury while carrying the ball. It is believed that he will be able to face action Saturday.

Team B lined up as follows: J. B. Baldwin '31, l.e.; R. S. Warner '31, l.t.; D. C. Shaw '29, l.g.; C. F. Richards '31, c.; H. L. Movius '30, r.g.; K. D. Robinson '29, r.t.; S. C. Burns '29, r.e.; George Crawford ocC., q.b.; S. L. Batchelder '31, F. S. Grant '29, l.h.b.; T. F. Mason '30, r.h.b.; A. W. Huguley '31, f.b.