NUMEROUS BRUISES RESULT FROM GAME

Team B Defeats Scrubs in Regular Tilt by 21 to 0 Score--Drop kicking Game Shows Improvement

Numerous minor injuries and bruise were discovered in the Crimson football camp when the squad reported yesterday afternoon after its gruelling battle with Dartmouth Saturday. It is certain, however, that all the men will be in shape for Pennsylvania a week from Saturday and most of them within three or four days.

Among those who were in civilian clothes yesterday were Captain A. E. French '29, W. R. Harper '30, W. D. Ticknor '30, J. G. Douglas '30, and R. H. O'Connell '30. All of these men with the exception of Harper will be available for the Leigh game this week-end, though it is extremely doubtful if they will all play.

Team B Meets Scrubs

Yesterday's workout included a regular four period game between team B and the scrubs, from which the former emerged victorious by a 21 to 0 score. J. W. Potter '30, who has been playing fullback all season, was tried out at tackle during the contest, and it seems probable that he will remain there if he shows up well. The abundance of backfield material has led Coach Horween to believe that the big defensive back of a year ago would be of more use in the line.

The scoring in yesterday's game all came in the first half. Early in the initial quarter S. C. Burns '29 caught a vertical scrub punt on the scrub 30-yard stripe and dashed over the line. E. T. Putnam '30 placed a neat drop kick over for the extra point.

The next score also came in the first period when T. F. Mason '30 and S. L. Batch elder '31 carried the pigskin over from the scrub 40-yard line in three plays. The feature of the march was a well executed lateral from Batchelder to Mason which netted 16 yards. Once again Putnam's try for point was successful and the score stood. University 14, scrubs 0.

The last touchdown was made by Mason on a short rush over center. The ball had been placed in scoring position chiefly as a result of a scrub fumble on its own 20-yard line and a forward pass from George Crawford ocC. to Batchelder. Crawford kicked in the final point by a drop kick.

During the second half the ball seesawed back and forth with numerous fumbles and penalties marking the play. Neither side threatened dangerously.