PHI BETA KAPPA HOLDS ELECTIONS

Will Select 25 More From Class of '29 in Spring--Full Quota of Juniors is Chosen This Afternoon

The election of the first group of the Class of 1930 to Phi Beta Kappa will take place this afternoon, when the society assembles in the Faculty Room of the Union at 2 o'clock. O. S. Loud '29, first marshal of the Harvard chapter of Phi Beta Kappa, will preside.

With the selection of the first eight juniors to be honored with membership in the society comes the election of 32 Seniors, the first election taking in members of the Class of 1929 this fall. Twenty-five more Seniors will be made members of Phi Beta Kappa in the spring, but the full quota from the Junior Class will be chosen tonight. The basis of selection will be made purely on grades recorded in the deans' office.

Keys Given Next Meeting

At the next meeting of the chapter, to be held on December 4, Phi Beta Kappa keys and certificates will be presented the new men elected to the society this afternoon. Attending the meeting today will be, in addition to Loud, R. C. Darling '29, second marshal, R. F. Courtney '29, C. L. Lundin '29, E. W. Moore '29, R. H. Norris '29, and Jerome Simmons '28.