UNIVERSITY AND 1932 POLO TEAMS TRIUMPH

CAPTAIN CLARK STANDS OUT IN SEASON'S OPENER

Both Harvard indoor polo teams initiated their seasons Saturday evening at the Commonwealth Armory with victories, the University team downing the Danvers Club, 15 1-2 to 9, and the Freshman trio defeating the Troop C riders, by a score of 5 1-2 to 1 1-2.

Led by F. A. Clark '29, back and newly-elected captain, the University trio displayed excellent teamwork to take the measure of the Danvers Club, who were allowed a nine-goal handicap.

Clark's hard riding dominated the play. He made six goals himself and constantly fed the ball to his brother, G. O. Clark '31, and to E. T. Gerry '31 who converted his shots into scores.

For the third chukker Coach F. D. Sharp sent his second team into the fray, a lead of 11 to 9 having been established. Though unable to score, this combination also showed possibilities.

The Freshman team, in defeating Troop C of the National Guard Cavalry, showed much power for the first game of the season, though the smoothness that is the result of teamwork was at times lacking. Coach Sharp in this game also employed two separate combinations. The play of Crispin Cooke '32, captain of the yearlings, stood out.

The summary of the University game: HARVARD  DANVERS CLUB G. O. Clark, Nicholas, No. 1  No. 1. Hopkins Gerry, Glynn, No. 2  No. 2. Milliken F. A. Clark, Walker, back  back, Newbegin

Score--Harvard 15 1-2, Danvers Club 9. Goals F. A. Clark 6, Gerry 6, G. O. Clark 4. Fouls Walker Time Four 7 1-2 minute chukkers.