NAVAL COMMANDERS TO TAKE UNION PLATFORM

Ellsberg, Salvage Expert, Speaks Tomorrow--Von Luckner to Tell Tuesday of War Raids

Within the space of four days Lieutenant Commander Edward Ellsberg, the expert on naval salvage, and Count Felix von Luckner, the German sea-raider, will speak at the Union, it was announced last night. Tomorrow Lieutenant Commander Ellsberg will relate his experiences; and on Tuesday Count Luckner will tell about his adventures.

Lieutenant Commander Ellsberg conducted the salvage operations on the submarines S-51 and S-4 while Count Luckner is best known for his raiding of 17 Allied ships during the war without killing or injuring a man. Ellsberg has encountered many dangers in his 14 years of experience in salvage work, when diving to direct operations on sunken vessels. For his work in the salvaging of the S-51 he has been awarded the distinguished Service Medal.

Count Luckner is one of the best known World War figures and is famous because of his daring raids conducted with a camouflaged schooner. He has been decorated several times for bravery and for chivalrous treatment of his prisoners.