UNION DEBATE WILL GO ON AIR THROUGH WBET

NEW YORK LAWYERS SUPPORTED BY UNDERGRADUATES

Samuel Untermeyer, nationally prominent New York lawyer, and C. J. Dodd, district attorney of King's County, New York, will meet in a debate Tuesday evening at 7.30 o'clock in the Living Room of the Harvard Union. The question: "Resolved, That capital punishment should be abolished" will be upheld by Mr. Untermeyer and opposed by Mr. Dodd. Arrangements have been made with WBET, the radio station of the Boston Transcript, to broadcast the debate. This will mark the first time that an event has been broadcast from the Harvard Union.

The question will be moved by R. G. West '29, and after the motion has been opposed by Victor Quong '29, Mr. Untermeyer will be introduced. The two main speeches of 35 minutes each will be followed by an open forum for half an hour. Mr. Dodd will then speak ten minutes in rebuttal, and Mr. Untermeyer, in the last speech of the evening, will have 15 minutes for his rebuttal.

The debate is being held under the auspices of the Harvard Debating Union and will be presided over by L. T. Grimm '29. All members of the University are invited to attend.