SENATOR DILL TO SPEAK TO DEMOCRATS THURSDAY

Western Statesman Next on Program of Democratic Club--Committees Named to plan for Convention

Senator Clarence C. Dill of Washington will speak next Thursday afternoon at 4 o'clock in the Living Room of the Union under the auspices of the Harvard Democratic Club, it was announced last night at a dinner held by the club for purposes of organization and preparation for the Presidential campaign. Senator Dill, who will probably discuss disarmament, will be one of several prominent speakers invited by the Democratic Club to outline important issues of the campaign. Other speakers in the near future will be Senators Class and Copeland and former Secretary of War Baker.

At the dinner preparations were started for the niock Democratic Convention to be held in late April or early May. The officers of the club, A. M. Barnhart 1G. G. W. Smith '29, and E. D. Dumbauld 21., appointed an executive committee consisting of T. H. Eliot '28, G. W. Harrington '29. A. B. Hawes '28, R. B. Hocking '28, and C. J. White 31, Temporary chairman for the state delegation to the convention were also appointed, but no permanent chairman will be elected until just before the convention.

Chairman Barnhart of the club outlined the leading issues to he considered in drawing up the platform for the convention. Eight committees were formed to deal with current problems of political controversy. They will submit reports to the club and the issues will have been thoroughly discussed by the time the convention assembles.