STOREY WILL NOT SPEAK TONIGHT

Senators Glass, Copeland, Caraway Accept Invitations to Appear-Mock Convention to Be Held in May

Moorfield Storey '66, who was scheduled to speak at the Union tonight, under the auspices of the Democratic Club, will not be able to be present, it was announced last night, by the officers of the club. Orders from his physician have forced him to cancel his engagements. Consequently, there will be no meeting in the Union tonight, according to G. W. Smith '29, business manager.

Announcement was also made that Senator Thomas J. Walsh of Montana, prominent presidential contender, will speak before the University at the Union on April 12. It was previously announced that he would speak on April 10, but owing to the inconvenience of the date, it was changed. Senator Walsh will probably speak on some phase of corruption in politics.

Houston Thompson will be the guest of the club at dinner before an open meeting Monday evening, April 2. Mr. Thompson was a former member of the Federal Trade Commission, and will deal with problems in labor, and the methods used by the commission in handling them.

Other prominent senators who have accepted invitations to deliver addresses in the near future are Senator Carter Glass of Virginia, Senator Royal S. Copeland of New York, and Senator Caraway of Arkansas. Arrangements have been made to have Senator Nye and Senator La Follette.

The plans for the mock convention of the Democratic Club were also made known. The convention will be held early in May in the New Lecture Hall. Delegates, will be selected from every state, and the convention will follow the regular National Democratic Convention rules. Any member of the University who wishes to take part in the convention as a delegate from his state, is urged to hand in his name to G. W. Smith at 26 Westmorly Hall. Four years ago, at the last convention held, over 200 members of the University took part.