FRESHMAN MATMEN LEAD IN TOURNEY

W. H. Graves '31 Provides Thrill of the Evening--C. C. Corson '28, Present 145 Pound Champion, Wins

The finale of the wrestling season within the University came last night in Hemenway when individual championships were contested in seven classes. Members of the Freshman squad scored the greatest aggregate of points, 23, while the University squad, with 20, came second, and the Graduate School members, who scored 13, trailed.

One of the most outstanding bouts came in the 175-pound class, in which W. H. Graves '31, after defeating D. P. Adams '28 in the preliminary, lost in the final to the superior experience of H. R. Wood 3L., captain of last year's University team.

C. C. Corson '28, two times New England Intercollegiate wrestling champion in the 145-pound class, completed a long season of three years University competition by flooring T. H. Malmud 3L in the final bout.

The preliminary bouts in the sectional tryouts for the Olympic team, in which several Harvard men are entered, will start at 2 o'clock this afternoon at the Cambridge Y. M. C. A.

The series of tryouts is one of twenty similar ones being held throughout the country during the coming month. Today's contestants compose the leading wrestlers in the colleges, the Y. M. C. A.'s and the A. A. U. clubs of the N. E. A. A. A. U. and Connecticut.

The summary of last night's final contests is as follows:

115-pound class: C. G. Chase '30 defeated Martin Myerson '31, by decision.

125-pound class: J. H. Burns '29 defeated H: S. P. Pollard '31, by decision.

135-pound class: H. M. Kullman 2L. defeated R. K. Safford '31, by decision.

145-pound class: C. C. Corson '28 defeated T. H. Malmud 3L., by a fall.

158-pound class: T. O. Frazier '31 defeated S. M. Hankins '31, by decision.

175-pound class: H. R. Wood 1L. defeated W. H. Graves '31, by a fall.

Unlimited class: S. S. Wilson '28 defeated P. N. Vonckx '31, by overtime decision.