MORRIS WILL HEAD H. D. C. PRODUCTION THIS SPRING

Actors Will Present Oriental Play "Hassan"--B. D. Hanighen '30 Will Direct Musical Program

J. B. Morris '29, treasurer of the Harvard Dramatic Club, has been selected as production manager for the annual spring presentation, "Hassan." Men in charge of the other phases of the production were also chosen.

Charles Leatherbee '29, president of the club, has been placed in charge of costumes. The subscriptions will be in the care of E. T. Batchelder '30. R. H. Thompson '30 has supervision of the lighting effects and the properties are in charge of L. F. Robinson '30. E. J. von Briesen '29 is the stage manager, and F. A. Vanderlip '30 is supervisor of scene painting. T. J. Smith '30 is in charge of publicity. I. R. Kumin '29 is to prepare the program, and B. D. Hanighen '30 will direct the musical program.

"Hassan" is an oriental play which was produced for the first time in London in 1924 with great success. The scene is laid in the Bagdad of the fifteenth century. Adventure, intrigue, and romance are woven into a story which combines rare wit and humor with high emotional power. In a setting of color and life is placed Haroun at Raschid, the famous Caliph, and Hassan, a poor confectioner.